In my little vacation that started February the 20th I went to London. I went for two days with a friend of me. I left on 25 and came back on the 27th of February. The reason I went to London is because it was very cheap. I went with Ryanair and the flight tickets only costs us €27 each. Besides shopping I also went to look a little bit how big the music is an England and how much stages there are. Especially Hip-Hop music I was searching for.
In England you have Hip-Hop and grime that are almost the same. In both genres a person is rapping but the beats are different. Grime has more house beats and grime is started in the UK. In Holland grime is also getting more popular and more popular acts like Zwart Licht are rapping over grime beats In Dutch. On a big Dutch Hip-Hop site they also report about the grime scene in the UK.
But back to London. In London Hip-Hop lives. London is off course is a big city with different cultures. Hip-Hop is one of the biggest because you have a lot of clothing shops. Big American rappers are coming more often there to perform and you got more clubs than in Holland. Unfortunately I did not see a lot of stages where someone can perform. In the center of the city there were more theatres for theater production not the kind of performances I’m looking for.
In (Hip-Hop)clothing shops I saw a lot of posters and flyers but on none I saw a Hip-Hop event. That was a little disappointing because I was specific searching for Hip-Hop events. How they promote it and how much events there are in London. In the shops they said their weren’t that much parties or events based on only Hip-Hop in the center of the city of London. Also I only saw big shops that are selling cd’s. I forgot the names of those shops but I didn’t saw little cd shops.
In the center of London I couldn’t find a lot about the Hip-Hop culture but the two days were a good time. I’m definitely going back to London for another time.
Here is a site with a lot of information of the things you can do in London. http://www.timeout.com/london/
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten