Rotterdam is really Hip-Hop minded and some people also call Rotterdam the Hip-Hop capital of Holland. In Rotterdam you see a lot of Hip-Hop things. Hip-Hop isn’t only the music it is a whole lifestyle! . It is also turntabalism also known as djing. It is also making graffiti or break dancing. Also there are more clothing shops coming in Rotterdam that are selling Hip-Hop clothes. The skating culture and the hip-hop culture has a lot of agreements and is good to see the clothing. Skaters wear Hip-Hop clothes and shoes for skaters are worn by Hip-Hoppers. Because Hip-Hop is getting bigger and more popular it is also to see in the clothing that people wear.
Besides the clothing you can also look to the events that are successful and see that Hip-Hop is booming. There are a lot of events where people look out to. You can say in the nightlife in Rotterdam (and also the most of Holland) there are two popular genres: House and Hip-Hop. That is in the nightlife but by day or in the evening there are more Hip-Hop events. In Rotterdam there is a big youth community that love Hip-Hop. In the politics they call it a urban lifestyle. Because there are a lot of young people with that lifestyle the politics are giving allowance so ‘urban’ events can be organized. The problem with me is that those events don’t support the upcoming talents. Most of the time it is for the bigger names in Hip-Hop. The little events where there is space for upcoming talents most of the time are poorly attended. A act is performing for maybe 15 people and that is not what he or she wants to do. I saw it with De Dichter in some places he had to perform. Those type of events had every time a bad promotion. I look on a lot of sites what there is to do, I read (free) magazines with a agenda and I walk through the city. Never I see something like a flyer or a poster about the event and if you don’t know something you can’t go to something. Besides the poor promotion also the concepts don’t combine the different forms of Hip-Hop with each other. It is or only dancing or only music.
What I want to do with the event that I’m organizing is to combine the different forms of Hip-Hop in one thing. It is also only for the upcoming talents from Rotterdam. The promotion will be better than all the other events. I will make more the use of internet promotion. That is easy and cheap. The event I will be organizing with a friend of me Charoon. We are planning to do the first edition in fall.
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten